You should know that I am obsessed with people’s dietary restrictions, preferences and dislikes.
It’s so interesting to me why (or even HOW) someone could hate the texture of cheese, be revolted at the colour of pumpkin puree or the idea of mussels. When I meet people I have to ask about it. I memorize food aversions like someone would remember where someone worked or where they were from. In fact, I think food aversions should have their own zodiac.
Food astrology would consist of the following categories. People who love extreme spice display aggressive tendencies and don’t communicate well. Those addicted to sugar are gregarious and hard-working. The kale-haters should avoid relationships with the gluten-free. And the oatmeal for breakfast people make good life partners for the cilantro-haters.
*You need a mini muffin pan
3-4 potatoes (mix of potatoes with skin on)
1 tbsp garlic powder
1 tbsp dried oregano
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp cayenne
salt & pepper
1. Boil potatoes for about 5-7 minutes to get the cooking process going. Drain & cool.
2. Preheat oven to 400. Use a box grater to shred potato.
3. Add seasonings & blend. Spray muffin tin down with cooking spray.
4. Bake for about 15-16 minutes. Let the tots cool in the pan for a few minutes before removing.
5. Serve with a brunch favourite! Pictured avocado on toast with massaged kale lemon salad & baked bacon.